What are the most common desires associated with trauma?
There are these most common desires “within” the depression:
- The traumatic experience should disappear.
- I do not want to think about this trauma
- I want to have my former life and freedom back
What are typical judgments that depressed individuals make about themselves?
Typical judgments that depressed individuals make about themselves are:
- “The trauma is stronger than I.”
- “Why am I not able to overcome this?”
- How can be the aggressor punished?
- Why have I to be a victim?
What are the consequences of helpless thoughts about yourself?
The consequences of helpless thoughts about yourself are more intense self-concepts of being a victim.
Fighting with willpower against trauma may even strengthen the painful experience.